Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26012010 - I love thee sausage or four ....

Happy Australia Day ... gawd I really truly feel like a meat pie or snag on a roll. I really really want to fry up all the meats in the world today. (Apologises to any vegetarians who may be reading). Who the hell invented the sausage anyway??? Probably some skinny twirp who didn't have a weight problem!!! I looooooove sausages. Yes, I know I can 'just have one' but seriously ... WHO STOPS AT ONE SAUSAGE???? Its like portion serves on Weight Watchers. Yes, you can still eat steak, chicken etc but ... there's always a but ain't there .... you can only eat a portion thats the size of half your hand. Cruel, cruel world .... LOL

Today's bad news is .... I gained a kilo. I wouldn't mind so much if I binged out on a Seafood Buffet and Wine bar, but sadly I did not :0( Sunday I was 124.7, Tuesday I was 125.7. Go Figure. And yes the weigh in reading upsetted me. I hadn't touched a meat pie or dare I say it ... SAUSAGE ... I just had a 'sloppy' weekend. My breakfasts were the same but I spent Friday & Saturday catering for a party of 12, but I supplied food for a party of 120!!! Nibblies, cheerios, lollies ... I didn't even serve half the food because I over-catered. So from Saturday arvo onwards we had a fridge full of leftovers. So I admit I picked, didn't binge, but picked at the healthy mexican dip, at the lamb meatballs. So when lunch time comes around, I'm full from grazing.

The good news though ... the ends of my tape measure join happily together - yay to the tape measure!! Three weeks ago my hips measured in at 156cm, the tape measure couldn't even fit around me!!! This morning, I wrap the tape around my hips and the two ends meet and touch. Such a good feeling ....

So from this Aussie to you, have a lovely Australia Day. We could at least throw a shrimp/prawn on the BBQ ... prawns are very WW friendly :0) Still feel like a sausage though .... LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janelle, times like these I too crave a pie, and there is one we weight watchers can have, four'n twenty makes a lite meat pie that comes to 6.5 points, which served with a baked potato and some salad, is a decent dinner. I have them occasionally, still managed to lose 33kg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss todate, the scales are not everything, measuring tapes are important

    Trish

    ReplyDelete