Monday, January 11, 2010

11Jan2010 - I had victory, against wine ;0)

Well, this volcano exploded, many many times today. It has just been 'one of them days' when my two little boys decided together they would destroy the world. Ok, a bedroom, but it felt like the world to me. It was a day full of them misbehaving and me yelling and exploding and I shed tears ... and eagerly awaited 7.30pm, their bed time, for me to break open a wine and drink away my stress.

It is almost 10pm, and the wine remains untouched. The best I could do was a "Diet Choc Mousse" ... all 2pts of it LOL. Oh I wanted a drink, I really wanted a drink .... but I really want to get rid of this tummy overhang and everything to do with obesity as well. For once I ignored my cravings for wine and I feel a tad proud of myself.

As my Mom would say "tomorrow is another day" and tomorrow I have to spend the day with her at a hospital. Back in October we almost lost her, but she sprung back and now has to have certain things taken out of her ... so I'm being chauffeur and interepter. Yes, she is english speaking but really has troubles understanding medical 'talk' and she turns off, so I'm there to be her ears.

I forecast a huuuuuuuuuuuuge wine craving 7.30pm Tuesday night ....

1 comment:

  1. Good on u matie. Very well done.I am not sure I could have done it. Bloody kids can be stressful, hey! (I am on day 11 of being alcohol free (OMG), and it feels great)

    Best wishes for your ma, too

    ReplyDelete