Monday, April 12, 2010

12042010 - I donnnn't believe it ...

Okay, let us jump on the honesty soap box for a while ... well, until my boys finish their morning tea and start distracting me yet again ;0) The past three weeks for me have been absolutely POOP-HOUSE! I could have used the "S" word but I'm being polite for a change ... LOL.

The past 3 weeks I have veered off my weight loss highway and have been off road driving thru some very rough terrein. I've hit the relationship potholes, the toilet training potholes (these ones will be continual me thinks!), the whoas me potholes, the "I feel like crap" potholes ... just to name a few. Yesterday I was not well at all and once again I had to cook dinner whilst my hubby lay sleeping downstairs. Was I happy whilst I was suffering the hot and cold chills??? No. I have most probably consumed a cellar full of wine in that time as well. I am not happy with myself, it is clear that I still can't control my 'emotional eating/drinking'.

But I knew one thing, I had to somehow veer back on that highway again. I don't want or like the rocky road I am on at the moment. I don't want to be this size anymore. So, this morning I got back on those scales again and I anticipated a big gain ... maybe 123kg, hey, I've had bucket loads of wine and ice cream, I was not kidding myself here. What did those scales of mine say??? 118.6kg ... I could not believe my eyes. 118.6???? Where and how and why??? Yes, I just finished period and normally I do have a big weight loss after that 'pleasurable' time of the month. But I still vision the wine, ice cream, cheese ... and I'm still 118.6!!!

And that was the boost I needed. Time to start again, hellllo Square One yet again LOL. Not all is as bad as I predicted. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be this 'up' if those scales did show up 122 or 123kg but to see 118.6kg, it was the rescue rope I desperately needed. I said at the very start I wanted to be 119.9 by the time my birthday came around in April. Well, I'm 11 days out from one birthday and thankfully I made my goal.

I see this journey like a game of "Snakes & Ladders" ... some days we will find those ladders to take us high ... and then there's the snakes, that will take us mighty low.

Fingers crossed I'm climbing that ladder again...

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your loss! I've been following your last few posts, and wishing I could say something miraculous to make it all better.

    I wont teach you to suck eggs by going on about how life gets in the way sometimes and other times we have to prioritise ourselves - you know that or you wouldnt have done so well.
    All I can say is that you need to take care of YOU. First and foremost.

    I hope the coming weeks are better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tonkstar :0)

    My posts sound so "whoas-me" like most times but deep down my Mum's words pound thru my head: "Tomorrow is another day..."

    Fingers crossed I've turned the corner ;0)

    ReplyDelete